What We Believe
Coryell Community Church relies on the Bible as the only source of doctrinal authority.
The following truths are foundational and essential:
1. We believe in one God who is made up of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. This is traditionally referred to as the Trinity or the Godhead.
2. We believe the Godhead created the universe. Genesis 1:26 says "...Let us make man in our image, in our likeness..." The fact that the Hebrew pronouns are plural, we believe, signifies the Godhead. (Also see John 1:1-5; 14:8-11)
3. We believe that man "fell" and that the Son was sent to redeem us. We believe He was born of a virgin. While He was here on earth, He was fully human and fully God. This is traditionally referred to as the incarnation. (See John 1:14; Galatians 4:4)
4. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the highest and final authority on what we should believe and how we should live our lives.
5. We believe the Holy Spirit lives within Christians to be with us "forever" (John 14:16-17), and guides us (John 14:26). He is referred to as Teacher, Counselor, Intercessor; He is the Spirit of Truth.
6. We believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ; that He will return and take believers to heaven, and that non-believers will receive eternal punishment. (John 3:36)
7. We believe in order to be saved, we must trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as our Personal Savior.
8. We believe that, as expression of faith, the Bible instructs us to
9. We believe that those who have accepted Jesus Christ are living the "eternal life" (1 John 1:2). We are called to live life in the security of the love of God, not in continual fear of judgment. (1 John 3:1-3)
"In the essentials, unity; in the nonessentials, liberty; and in all things love."